Thursday, 22 November 2012

A Love Poem

-->


















The way I miss you has made my life completely sad
One time I thought of you and nearly drowned in the shower
At one time I shouted your name in the dark
A cop on night patrol asked my name but yours came first
… He let me go - knowing I’m just lovesick.

For my eating habits nothing has changed a bit
Only it’s now bitter what once was sweet
And the best of my foods taste less the same as at first.
Or it turns cold when I’m in deep thought
… I am very sad, and it’s all because of you.

Fantasy is to think I can take you off my mind.
I do not sleep well,
I am not well…
Meeting you was the most addictive pill of my life.

from The Lonely Man's Song, Moffat Machingura
(Kindle Edition )

No comments:

Post a Comment